It's been awhile since I've updated this here old blog on some of the projects I've completed. So heres some collages of my before, progress and after photos!
This dresser I previously painted black and had sliver knobs in college when I just had to have black and white damask everything. I'm super over that and feel like I want more of a hollywood glamour style that is my very own. So I sanded this bad boy all the way down and sprayed the inside of my drawers hot pink, and the exterior is a dark navy that is almost a teal color. I was able to order these gold diamond knobs from Amazon for $20 and they look stellar! I feel like old furniture has larger and deeper drawers than the new stuff so I'll probably be re-doing old furniture until the end of time.
I'm naming my son Harlin Jax, Harlin is my grandfather's middle name and I think its very classy and timeless and have been so excited about customizing everything for him with his name. Jax I just like it and think it's going to make him a badass which he will be anyways. I found this H at Hobby Lobby and think it will look amazing over his crib in the nursery. I made this tooth fairy pillow both for that purpose and as a sort of toy for Harlin I want him to have lots of soft toys to play with that are hand made. I bought some iron on letters for his custom onesize and made that. On his quilt it was my first time trying applique and putting it on was pretty easy I did have to learn the hard way about printing the letters in a mirror image. Stitching over the top of the letters was more difficult than anticipated, but this baby quilt came together with some great fabrics I had on hand and some fuzzy blue backing it will be oh so soft for my baby boy.
My son's father had this beat up rocking horse in the goodwill pile to get rid of since his kids are grown except the one on the way. I asked to sand it down and re-finish it and have been trying to do some red white and blue theme because I'm due so close to the 4th of July. I love that we bought a sprayer and it has really elevated my projects to a whole new finished level, uses more paint but completely worth it. Last stop is figuring out some white horse hair mane and tail that is baby durable. Here are my progress photos:
This is my travel baby wipe/diaper container. I read about these on Pinterest and people said they are great for road trips if you just want to grab the necessities out of the diaper bag instead of the whole diaper bag when you're in a rush. It was super simple to make with the fabric I had on hand at my house.
There are my updates, next up nursery and possible painting for my son. More to come later, thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions!