Monday, December 16, 2013

Deer in the headlights

So one night early November I was leaving my Grandma's house and out jumped a deer over the guard rail from the river and into my car. Thoughts running through my head as this deer's huge body came flying at me, I'm going to die, I'm going to die, this is it this is the end. I slammed on the breaks and somehow the deer flailed down the front of my car to the side of my car and then jumped over the other side and into the river (I'm guessing where he died). 

This a picture of my car the night of, yes that is hair in the hood of my car. For some reason I thought I was still ok to drive my car home. I did drive home, but didn't have any lights or electrical on the left side of my car and the alignment was really off, but I didn't know that until I started driving again. I made it the short distance home and this is what my car looked like the next morning. 






It might not look like a ton of damage but this moved my whole engine back among other things that we didn't need to get into. Needless to say my hero's over at American family were SUPER fast in getting my car totaled and getting me a check as fast as they possibly could. 

So after a traumatic car accident like that I needed a new car, one that wasn't so small and might protect me on the odd chances that I hit another deer. I also wanted a 4 door car vs. a 2 door and I really loved my past Honda and wanted another one. I did make the mistake of calling my new car my new deer killer on Facebook, then on my way out of town two deer ran in front of my car and a fox. Luckily I didn't hit any of them, but I guess that's what you get when you call your car a deer killer. 
Here's my new wheels: 

I did look into getting a deer horn/whistle for the bumper of my car, but after reading up on them. I think that it might not be worth my money. Right now my fear is working really well to keep me super alert to not hit another deer. November was a crazy rough month, I'm glad it's over and I'm starting December off right with a new car! 


No comments:

Post a Comment