Monday, August 5, 2013

Book club, flowers, and cupcakes


The other night I went to my first book club meeting for a local author. I just learned about this new social group two nights before the meet but decided not to miss out on the event. I learned a lot about the author and her writing style and she signed both This Little Piggy went to the Liquor Store,  and Mommy had a little flask. I might not be a mom, but I'm pretty sure I can relate to mom's needing a flask to make it through their day. I'm all about meeting new people and making new friends, I made some new ones and hope to make more at the next one. 


Then when I was at my mom's helping get ready for my family to come into town, I made this flower arrangement out of stuff I found in her backyard. Having my family come into town should have been more fun, it's not that anything bad happened its just that I didn't enjoy it like I think I should. 


Then we went to our family friends house and her daughter's birthday was all mini mouse style. And she had these adorable cupcakes made for her party. 


Seriously cute cupcakes! I've been walking a lot more lately and caught this sunset the other night and managed to capture a pretty decent shot with my iphone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment