Friday, June 21, 2013

I can't cook but I can bake

If you know me even a little bit, you know that I am really picky. So it makes sense that I can't cook very much. But baking on the other hand I can do. I believe everyone needs that one tried and true recipe they can do in a moments notice. And since I got mine from a customer in Albertson's so many years ago why not share this easy recipe with you! 

Kahlua Bundt Cake

Prep: 15 minutes  Bake:45-50 minutes Stand: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

1 pkg sour cream devils food cake mix
3/4 cup of oil
1 (16oz) tub of sour cream
1 (6oz) pkg chocolate chips
4 eggs
1/3 c Kahlua
1 sm. pkg vanilla instant pudding

optional: caramel or chocolate icing. 


Directions:

1. Mix all that shit together, except the icing duh its a cake
2. Pour into greased bundt pan
3. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes
4. Cool cake for at least 30 min
5. Scoop out 1/2 of the icing from rubber container, remove all the foil from the container, poor in some Kahlua I don't measure so you be the judge. Mix the two together microwave for 30 seconds cover the top and pull out and pour over your amazing masterpiece of a cake. 

* It helps to say, use a rubber spatula to break the cake free from the pan, and tap it on the cake plate your about to put it on until it comes loose. Even if you miss a huge chunk you can still patch it back on and cover it in icing :) 


It's my baby sister's birthday, she's turning the big 25 so I decided to make her a cake! I can't be there all day for her birthday. But plan to join her at the horse races tomorrow after work hopefully more photos to come. 

Here's a pic from the one I made last year for Thanksgiving. I couldn't wait for this one to get out of the oven, who knows maybe you'll end up with both a winter and summer version of the cake that look exactly the same :) I get requests to make it every year, because the family loves it, and I like that they like it. Soon you will also be getting requests for this alcohol filled cake, and it will call you from your sleep or so my mom says it does. Happy Baking little brave ones! 



No comments:

Post a Comment