Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Currently Reading

       
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. 
I've finally finished this book for some reason I've been toting it around for awhile. I think maybe because her project was broken down into months I felt like I needed to take more time to digest her steps more. She is right though its easy to be heavy very hard to be light. I do find myself smiling more and trying to be the source of other peoples happiness, also sending out birthday cards and just making time for people in my life that mean the most to me. During my reading of this happiness project my long term relationship ended, and Gretchen's Jamie reminded me a lot of my Bryan and how I'm always starting big ideas and how he always thought they were nuts. A great book nonetheless. I already bought a copy for my friend and plan to give it to my grandma to start reading next. Here's to a happier place in 2013. 


Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find - And Keep - Love  -Amir Levine, Rachel S. F. Heller

This book has helped me see insights into all of my past and future relationships in so many ways. Also has helped me know that I need to be super careful about the next relationship I get in with someone and how to know they will be a good fit for me! I've read hundreds of relationship books and nothing has broke it down as clearly as this, its like the author knows me in person yet we've never met. Thank you for writing this book! 



Start -Jon Acuff
Jon is a bad ass! I love that this book is so today, its so right now what we are actually doing in social media and our daily lives. How is it so many books can come out and not address the millions of things we are actually doing like Facebook, Twitter, and figuring out what the hell google+ is? This book rocks, and he even brings up Micheal Hyatt's book that I've been meaning to read also can't wait to get my hands on that. Here's to starting the road to awesome today, if your looking for your road to awesome here is your guidebook to get you started. The blogs I follow have been talking about this book for so long so happy I finally took the time to listen while I work on my road to awesome. 

Newest Download:


Manage Your Day-to-Day Jocelyn K. Glei 

Haven't started it yet so I'll keep you posted! :) Happy reading little brave ones! 




No comments:

Post a Comment